Poof! They're gone for the summer.

 Yesterday.  June 16, 2021.  My rent was due.  It rained all day.  And I completed my year of online teaching at Enka School, Istanbul Turkey.   It ended with a simple wave, a "Bye and Thank you" and Poof! they were gone for the summer.  Well.  Almost all of them.

Ask any teacher - who is worth their paycheck and more - what it feels like to have a student go out of their way to say thank you.  To tell you what you did that year meant something.  Even tell you they love you.  I got that from 3 students yesterday who stayed behind after class ended.  There isn't a pay check big enough to give a teacher that feeling.  

Soon I will wonder: Can I replicate what I did this year, again next year?  I transitioned to online teaching, can I transition back to in-class teaching?  Will Covid variants hit Turkey and mean we will be online again?  Please no. 

I have one more year of teaching at Enka.  Then Poof! my teaching life may end.  How will I feel next year at this time?  I wonder. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Precious White Slip of Paper & Angels at the Airport

Turkish Students and On Line Teaching

Farewell ENKA teachers