2007 to Today

The past 3 days I have experienced on line teaching up close and personal.  It’s like relearning how to drive.  Tough.  But doable.  My Turkish students have been delightful.  They have been friendly and positive.  They are key to whether this adventure of mine will be successful.  

I have to say it has been surreal teaching Turkish students-at 2:00 AM-in Lexington, Kentucky!  That all ends today.  In about 3 hours I will be flying away to Istanbul!  I am nervous, excited, panicked, calm, all at the same time!  I worked toward this for over a year-I began the application process last July. I have prepared for the trip since being hired in January.  The past few weeks I have studied new computer programs and planned on line lessons.  But I have dreamed of this moment since I attended my first IB training in 2007. 

It’s happening.  I’m teaching overseas!!

Comments

  1. So pleased you are able to follow your dream. I plan to tag along via this blog......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Precious White Slip of Paper & Angels at the Airport

Turkish Students and On Line Teaching

Farewell ENKA teachers